Interpreter is a software which translate code from one language to another,Like python interpreter will interpret the Python code to machine readable code.Or in brief we can say that Interpreted Language do:
- Its implementations execute instructions directly and freely(without previously compiling a program into machine-language instructions)
- The interpreter executes the program directly, translating each statement into a sequence of one or more subroutines, and then into another language (often machine code)
The terms interpreted language and compiled language are not well defined in theory because, any programming language can be either interpreted or compiled. In modern programming language implementation, it is increasingly popular for a platform to provide both options.
Object Oriented Programming (OOPs)
In OOPs we use Classes and objects, Classes can be seen as blue prints whereas objects are the common entity which represents the behavior of class.
By an example it will be more clear let’s say Pen is a class(i.e. blueprint) then its object’s can be pencil,pen,ink-pen,ball point pen,gel pen,permanent pen and every type of pen that you can imagine.
Let’s take one more example,suppose a house as a class then you can think of it’s objects??,it’s objects can be a simple house, flat, building, Bangla, a doll house or any other such building’s.
Similarly class can be anything which represents similar type of group of objects with similar properties and behavior.
OOP is totally a programming language model organized around objects and data rather than logic. Historically, a program has been viewed as a logical procedure that takes input data, processes it, and produces output data.
OOP is based upon:-
- Data Abstraction: Data abstraction refers to providing only essential information to the outside world and hiding their background details,for example you are Driving a car you only need to concentrate on your driving you need not to worry about the mechanism of how your car is working and all…
- Encapsulation: Encapsulation is defined as the wrapping up of data under a single unit.Other way to think about encapsulation is, it is a protective shield that prevents the data from being accessed by the code outside this shield. An example can be a tablet,where tablet encapsulate the real med inside its cover
- Modularity: Modularity is the degree to which a system’s components may be separated and recombined, often with the benefit of flexibility and variety in use.We divide the program in smaller module and then interconnect them all.
- Inheritance: One class is allow to inherit the features(methods/function,etc) of another class.It can be understood as you can access all your parents properties but someone else can’t,similarly inherit class(also known as base or child class) can access all the properties of inherited class(i.e. derived class or parent class).
- Polymorphism: Poly means may and morphism means form,together it means when one message can have different forms,an example can be Bajaj Company in early 80’s and 90,s they only manufacture scooters but now they are also making bikes,here both products are two wheeler and of same company but both are different.
Procedural approach vs Object Oriented Approach
In procedural Programming we divide programs in structures and the structure of programming is pre-define.
Where as in Object Oriented Approach we divide program in different modules and then interconnect them all.
Only this is the key difference between both of the approaches of programming,however Object approach is more flexible and programmers follow this approach more then any other approach to read more about the classification of these approaches you can click here.
IDE(Integrated Development Environment)
An integrated development environment is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for software development. An IDE normally consists of a source code editor, build automation tools, and a debugger. Now a days most of the modern IDEs have intelligent code completion.
IDE is the part of the Software development where we write the source code of are software,it also provide us build on automation tools, a debugger(to help removing the bugs,errors occurring in our program)And a intelligent code completion feature which show you different suggestion whenever you start typing your code.
Source code is the set of instructions and statements written by a programmer using a computer programming language. This code is later translated into machine language by a compiler or interpreter
Or we can say that every command or statement that you type is a source code.